Boltons, as it was locally called, was the Millers House, belonging to a West Derby Mill.
The house was Tudor in design. It was of two stories, the upper one having a clay floor. Until its demolition around 1897, it was considered the oldest house in West Derby Township.
The Mill (belonging to John del Accers in 1342) and the Miller's house were in Finch Lane near to the (famous) yew-tree.
Taken from 'West Derby, Old Swan & Wavertree - James Hoult - published 1913'