Sanctuary Lamp

The sanctuary lamp has been restored to its (almost) original condition and is now hanging in the SE corner of the Lady Chapel.

The lamp was dedicated to the memory of Miles Kirkburton, aged 94, who died on Dec 27th 1935 and presented to St John's by his son and daughter.

For many years the lamp was left to deteriorate and gather dust inside the organ loft and it is lovely to see it in place again.

 It would originally have been hung over the chancel with an eternal flame burning.